THE Oswestry and Border Counties Advertizer has signed up the Hope House Children’s Hospice annual Business Challenge.
And as valued readers you are all considered part of the Advertizer family and therefore we would love for you to get involved in an 12 month fundraising challenge.
If the firm you are working for has already signed up for the annual Hope House Children’s Hospice Business Challenge that is fantastic, but if not then why not join us and help raise as much money as possible throughout 2015?
While the staff at the Advertizer will be making the £50 grow through events such as cakes stalls and various challenges you too can help us raise valued funds by taking part in fundraising events of your own.
Do it through the Advertizer – your local weekly newspaper that has been serving the community since 1849 – and we will help you every step of the way through pre-publicity and coverage during and after the activity of your choice..
What could you do?
The list of fundraising ideas is endless. Here are a few straight from the think-tank to get you started, but we are sure you can come up with many more!
* Put your creative talents into action and sell your works of art at a craft fair.
* Ask your local supermarket if you can hold a bag packing day.
* Sell donated and homemade goods on a stall. Cakes, books, jam and bric-a-brac are firm favourites.
* Charge your teachers, friends and family to wash their cars.
* Challenge your mates to a five-a-side tournament as part of a football fundraiser. Each team pays to play.
* For those with green fingers, why not sell your produce at a plant sale?
* Hold a readathon. How many books can you read over a short period of time? Get sponsored per page or even per book.
Remember, we will help you every step of the way so once you have a fundraising event in mind and the details are finalised the next thing to do is call one of our reporters on 01691 655 321 to arrange pre-publicity and to give us a date for our photographer to hopefully attend and take some photographs for the following week’s newspaper.
Once your fundraising event is over and the money raised has been counted the next thing is to donate it to Hope House Children’s Hospice via out Just Giving webpage - www.justgiving.com/advertizerbusinesschallenge
OR TEXT BCAC84 followed by £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10 to 70070